- ioQA TM Reporter
- ioMobile - Field Collection Solutions
- Environment & Water
- News & Events
In-kind Analytical Research Fund for BSc(Hons), MSc and PhD Students
Acme Laboratories and ioGlobal are taking the innovative step of directly aiding students in the geosciences via the ioStipend. The ioStipend is a grant available to students conducting exploration-related geochemical studies at a recognised educational institution. The grant is in the form of analytical services using any package provided by Acme Analytical Laboratories Ltd. Students and/or their teachers/advisors can apply for the grant by submitting the application to ioGlobal who will vet the proposals.
The grant is intended to promote the collection of high quality, base-line data for comparison with more “esoteric data” (e.g. isotopic data, partial digests, non-standard sample media) generated during the course of research, and to promote broad training in fundamental geochemical principals across the geosciences.
The ioStipend allows for amounts of approximately $5,000 (AUD, CAD or equivalent) for in-kind analytical work. Successful applicants will also be provided with 3 academic licences of ioGas, the exploratory data analysis software package from ioGlobal.
It is envisaged that three or four of these awards will be made each year.
Preference will be given to:
- students with no other source of funding
- students working on exploration geochemistry projects
- projects with no or very minimal confidentiality requirements
The ioStipend is international. Applications are welcome from qualified institutions globally.
Applications are reviewed by an expert group of ioGlobal’s geochemists.
Some technical input may be provided by ioGlobal on request.
There are minimal strings attached, however recipients agree to:
- Have their project promoted on the ioGlobal website in an area devoted to R&D carried out under the program (couple of passport photo shots, brief description)
- Acknowledge ACME Labs and ioGlobal for support in technical and public presentations of results
- Write a short article for Explore describing the project outcomes, and allow this to be published on the ioGlobal website